The current short-term development plan of the Department focuses on curriculum reform and searching new resources to support academic activities.
- Restructuring the undergraduate curriculum to assurethe objectives of the liberal education.
- Strengthening graduate courses to offer high quality professional training.
- Improving design training and promoting design exhibitions
- Encouraging research and academic publications.
- Promoting interdisciplinary cooperation at national and international levels.
Strengthening alumni relations and promoting alumni fund to assist activities such as:
- setting up lecture chairs in many research areas;
- publishing academicals journals; and
- organizing international conferences and design exhibitions.